How much capital do I need?
- We only have established territories for sale, for which you will need a minimum of £50,000 depending, of course, on the size of the outgoing franchisee's business. You will also need working capital to ensure continued growth of your business. We would recommend a figure of 20% of turnover. We are well known to the major bank's Franchising Departments and we will happily introduce you to one or more of the banks for assistance with your financial requirements.
What else is required to operate a Card Connection Franchise?
- You will require a single/double garage/small storage unit depending on size of franchise territory being purchased. This is required to set up a storage area for the preparation of picking and packing the cards for each outlet. An iPad and a small van will also be required with the Card Connection van livery details to be applied.
Is this a full time franchise?
- Yes. Our product range and customer base has grown to such an extent that is is impossible to provide the required levels of service without being fully devoted to the business.
How many franchisees do you have?
- We currently have over 63 franchisees, covering the whole of the UK and Ireland.
Are you a member of any Franchise Associations?
- Yes a full member of both the British Franchise Association (since 1995), and the Irish Franchise Association (since 1996).
What training do I get after I've taken over my territory?
- You will be allocated a Regional Sales Manager, who will provide on-going 'on the job training'. Additionally, we have a regional meeting every year as well as our annual conference.
Are franchisee profit figures realistic?
- Yes. All figures we quote are based on actual performance. They are not based on theoretical levels or on what our best franchisees have achieved. Having said this, no franchisor can guarantee an individual franchisee's success.
Who are your National Accounts?
- We have around 100 National Accounts, which include Budgens, Londis, Spar, & BP Simply Food.
Do I need to be a sales person?
- The natural ability to sell is essential but a sales background is not a requirement. Our franchisees come from all sorts of backgrounds. Our franchisees do, however, share the ability to communicate well, enjoy meeting people and have lots of energy and enthusiasm.
Are your cards suitable for all types of retail outlets?
- Our cards sell well in most types of outlet from convenience stores to forecourts. We are currently supplying more than 12,000 outlets in the UK and Ireland and have won awards for the service levels provided by our franchisees.
Are your card designs original?
- Yes. Card Connection has built its market position on the strength of its product range. We have an in-house creative team who have a reputation for originality and creativity with new designs.
What is the size of your range?
- The Card Connection range is tailored for broad appeal and consists of over 900 cards. Out 'Everyday' range includes Birthday, Humour, Occasions (Anniversary, Good Luck etc), ages (21, 60 etc), as well as Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Easter, Father's Day and Christmas cards.
How do you display your products?
- Increasingly our cards are displayed on retailers' own fixtures, however, we do supply card racks, spinners, seasonal display units and various other freestanding display options.
Can I talk to your franchisees?
- Yes, but only after we have conducted an interview with you. You will then be allowed to freely choose whom you speak to. You may also spend time with one or more of our franchisees providing we are happy with your application.
Where is Card Connection based?
- Card Connection H/O is based in Farnham, Surrey, which is the base for initial training.
Have a question? email@example.com
Increase your prospects for success with the free online course http://bfa.trainme.tv